Chief Information Offices Austria, Government of Austria
- 1971-1979 Graz Research Center
- 1974-1984 Assistant professor at Graz University of Technology.
- 1979 Leave at Sperry Univac (Roseville, MN, USA).
- 1984 Approved as Lecturer ("Habilitation") for "Applied Information Processing and Information Technology".
- 1984 Full Professor. "Applied Information Processing and Communications".
- 1986-today Head of the Institute of Applied Information Processing and Communications Technology TU Graz
- 1999-today Scientific director of the Austrian Secure Information Technology Center (A-SIT)
- 2001-today Chief Information Officer (CIO), Government of Austria
- 2003-today Chairmen of the board of trustees of Stiftung Secure Information and Communication Technologies SIC
- 2007-today Chairmen of the Management Board of the European Network and Information Security Agency
The role of the CIO for the federal government is primarily the strategic coordination of activities in the field of information and communications technology that concern more than one ministry. As such the CIO heads the Austrian eGovernment platform “DIGITAL AUSTRIA” that includes all level of government. As Head of the Institute he specialised in ‘Applied Information Processing and Communications Technology'. The main efforts of the Institute and of as scientific director of the Austrian Secure Information Technology Centre are computer security, cryptography, secure hard- and software and eGovernment. He is chairman of the board of trustees of the non-profit foundation Stiftung Secure Information and Communication Technologies SIC which has been donated by Graz University of Technology.